Acorn apartment is on an ancient property whose origins date back to 970 and where in 1308, in the presence of officials from Florence, Pisa and Volterra, the official borders of Volterra and San Gimignano were defined. For centuries the estate was subject to ransacking and reconstruction of parts of it under different owners until it was acquired by Marquis Capponi. The Grand Duke of Tuscany has often stayed here during his travels in Tuscany.
The property is situated on a hilltop and dominates all the nearby valleys with views that extend as far as the eye can see for tens of kilometres. The surrounding countryside has several acres of forest with oak-trees and cypresses interrupted by wheat fields, vineyards and olive groves.
The property has been completely renovated and is composed of the Mansion house and 14 independent apartments with their own private space to eat outside. Guests have a beautiful swimming pool (20x10 metres) at their disposal, situated in a sunny and panoramic position. At only 200 metres from the property you will find a typical Tuscan Trattoria where you can snack and buy local products. Take away service by the restaurant.
- Sleeps 4 - 65 sqm. It is on the ground floor with private garden. It has a living room with kitchen corner (cooker, oven, fridge and dishwasher), two double or twin bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with shower. Satellite TV is also available
For further information about properties on the same country estate, please visit:
Villa Chestnut, Ash Apartment, Spruce Apartment, Elm Apartment, Maple Apartment, Sycamore Apartment, Yew Apartment, Willow Apartment, Larch Apartment, Rowan Apartment, Fir Apartment, Holly Apartment, Beech Apartment, Pine Apartment
- Swimming pool
- Golf course close by (Castelalfi Golf Club)
- Horseback riding
- Guided trekking
- Daily fresh bread delivery (except Sundays, summer only)
- Pets allowed
- See 'Extra Details'
- We do require a damage deposit on all bookings, 7 days prior to departure via a secure online page. This damage deposit is held against your card and is released back to your card on your return, subject to no damages. The damage deposit value will differ for weddings / celebrations.
Approximate location shown for guidance only. Contact us for precise details.
|Bar||Osteria del Castagno||0.16|
|Restaurant||Osteria del Castagno||0.16|
|Grocery Store||Centro Market Tinti Supermercato||5.15|
|Bank||Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena||5.28|
|Cash Machine||Banca Cambiano 1884 S.p.A.||5.55|
|Pharmacy||FARMACIA NATALI E C SAS||5.69|
DAMAGE DEPOSIT €200 (credit card)
LOCAL TAX - all tourists are required to pay €1 per person per night (except children under 14), for the first 6 days. The payment is compulsory and must be in cash directly to the owner on arrival.
PRICES ARE FOR 7 NIGHTS AND INCLUDE:
- Linen (changed weekly) and final cleaning
EXTRAS TO PAY ON THE PREMISES:
- Extra maid service €18/hour
- Extra bed (€15/person/night), and central heating (€18/day)
- Pets: allowed free of charge
Swimming pool open: May - End of September (depending on weather conditions). 20 x 10 m, 120 -240cm deep
|6th Jul 2022 to 20th Aug 2022||£1,451|
|20th Aug 2022 to 10th Sep 2022||£1,325|
|10th Sep 2022 to 24th Sep 2022||£1,199|
|24th Sep 2022 to 1st Nov 2022||£946|
|1st Nov 2022 to 1st Jan 2023||Contact Us|