Managing your information
The information we collect
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- to enable us to complete your booking (if you are booking a villa);
- to enable us to advertise your villa, transfer payments due to you and to provide related support services (if you are letting your villa through us);
- for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services;
- to personalise repeat visits to our websites;
- to tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you (see below);
- to manage customer service queries;
- to help us to provide details or information you may have requested.
Legal basis for processing information
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below: -
Performance of a Contract
If you make a booking through us, we will use the details that you give to provide that booking to you. This information is likely to include your name, date of birth, contact details, payment details, information about people travelling with you, passport details, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements. If you let your villa with us, we will use the information collect details such as your name, contact details, bank account details and details regarding the villa you wish to let to perform our agreement(s) with you. If you do not provide us with the information set out in this paragraph, then we may not be able to provide the booking or our letting services.
We may use your name and email contact details you have given us to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time. We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services. We may share your email address with Google and/or Facebook or other web-based advertising platforms (“Platforms”), who act as data processors for them to use on our behalf in connection with the creation of marketing and promotion for us. This may include the Platforms using socio-demographic information about you to identify other people like you, with similar interests to present our marketing to. This socio-demographic information is not used for any other purpose nor shared with any other party. No information about other individuals identified from these Platforms is shared with us at any time. The Platforms may also use your personal data to serve targeted advertising/content to you via their Platform. You can control what advertisements you receive via the privacy settings on the relevant Platform. We may also share your contact details with our third-party review administrator(s) who may contact you to ask for your comments on the villa and/or services that have been provided. The above is done on the basis that they are in the legitimate interest of our company.
We may ask your consent to use your name, SMS, phone number(s) and postal address to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. We may also ask your consent to share your name and contact details with selected third parties’ companies so that they can tell you about their products and services. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
We may share your information with:
- our service providers (see also the section below);
- owners of or agents for villas (if you are making a villa booking);
- individuals who may be renting accommodation from you (if you are a villa owner or manager);
- credit/debit card companies;
- other third parties who we may need to work with to deliver services or fulfil travel plans on your behalf, for example, resort staff, villa management companies or individuals, ferry companies, car hire companies and other suppliers; and we may also disclose your personal data without your permission in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
How we manage information
We may from time to time appoint other third-party service providers, to help us manage efficient systems within the business. Some of these systems may for operational reasons be located in countries overseas. We will only transfer your information to service providers who help manage our systems, or overseas, where we are satisfied that this is lawful and that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and compliance with applicable privacy laws.
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please update your user preferences or send an email to [email protected] or contact us at Premier Villas, Carthagena Barn, Bell Lane, Birdham, Chichester, Sussex, PO20 7HY
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
- You have the right to ask us at any time:-
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- to stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e., non-marketing) communications, such as email updates
Where we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data automatically then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision. Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to Data Protection Officer, Premier Villas, Carthagena Barn, Bell Lane, Birdham, Chichester, Sussex, PO20 7HY
Our websites may contain links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review, and we will place any updates on our webpage.
You can also contact us directly if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information, we hold about you. Please write to Data Protection Officer, Premier Villas, Carthagena Barn, Bell Lane, Birdham, Chichester, Sussex, PO20 7HY If you are dissatisfied with our handling of any complaint regarding the handling of your data, you also have the right to raise concerns at any time with The UK Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk
What is Cookie?
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a websites server and only that server will be able to retrieve or read the contents of that cookie. The server can only identify your computer and not you personally. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. It allows a website to track visitors and remember things like your preferences or favourites. Two types of cookies are used on this web site - session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Which cookies do Premier Villas use?
The main cookies that we may use are.
Functional Cookies - these cookies enable the display features of our website and help to enhance performance and functionality.
Analytical Performance Cookies - we use these types of cookies to monitor our website performance and usage. These cookies provide us with information which helps us to provide a better user experience and to identify any areas that may need maintenance and/or improvement.
Behavioural Advertising Cookies - these cookies allow us to monitor which pages visitors have viewed and the different types of booking patterns/trends. This data is anonymous and exclusively meant for statistical analysis. Our advertisements do not combine information from multiple sources. We do not take any personal information that may have been stored on other websites and we do not share any personal data with any site that displays our advertising.
E-mail Marketing Cookies - we use these types of cookies to the track performance of our newsletters. This allows us to tailor the type of content we send by email to our customers in order to help match their requirements.
Social Networking cookies - these cookies allow our customers to share our website pages and content through third-party social networking websites.
You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse all cookies, choose which cookies you want or don’t want, or ask to be notified when a cookie is set. Use the help feature in your browser to see how. Just so you know, you won’t be able to benefit from all the features of our website and email newsletters or book online with us if you refuse certain cookies.