Protected Trust Services (PTS)
Protected Trust Services (PTS) was set up to provide the consumer with the highest level of financial protection in the Travel Industry. PTS provides you with complete protection against the failure of both the travel company you book with as well as the suppliers they use. This protection lasts from the point that you book your holiday through to the point when you return.
You can enjoy every holiday booked through Premier Villas & Resorts (a PTS member) knowing that you always have 100% financial protection and full peace of mind.
- You are protected when you buy a holiday (or part of a holiday) from a member of PTS
- All money we collect from you is paid directly into an independently controlled trust account
- We arrange all payments for your holiday to go direct from the trust account to the suppliers. These payments are checked and authorised by the independent trustees You will always be protected against the insolvency of the travel company you booked with or any of their suppliers from the time you make your first payment until after you have travelled.
How you’re protected when you pay by credit card
One of the best ways to protect against fraud and to protect your money is to pay with a credit card. Under Section 75 of the Consumer Protection Act, any purchases you make that are worth between £100 and £30,000 are protected by your credit card provider.
At Premier Villas, paying by credit card gives you valuable payment and legal protection if we cease trading or do not deliver what we have promised. You will be able to claim a refund from your credit card company.
Your rights when buying by credit card
If you use your credit card to purchase a holiday costing over £100 and up to £30,000, you are covered by ‘section 75’ of the Consumer Credit Act. It means the credit card company has equal responsibility (or ‘liability’) with Premier Villas, the seller, if there is a problem with the holiday you have paid for or Premier Villas fails.
Problems that are covered
- If Premier Villas fails to supply the accommodation or supplies accommodation that is not up to standard.
- If Premier Villas & Resorts misrepresents the accommodation or ceases trading
Minimum and maximum spending limits
To qualify for full protection from your credit card company, you must spend between £100 and £30,000. The £100 minimum amount applies to each booking, for example, if your accommodation costs £5000 in total and you pay £100 of that total on your credit card as a deposit, and then pay the balance by either cheque/bank transfer or debit card – YOU WILL qualify for full protection of the whole value of your booking under the Consumer Protection Act Section 75. This is particularly useful given almost half of travel insurance policies do not cover failure, according to Defaqto.