8th Jul 2020 to 1st Sep 2020 -
£13,297 £10,380 per Week
Villa Soleil is a 9 bedroom Premier Villa located in the western part of the Algarve, perched on the cliffs of Ferragudo. Once known as 'The House of the Princess', it remains in the ownership of the Portuguese Royal family today. It faces West over the bay of Lagos and towards Sagres and the setting sun. The view is of the peaceful waters of the Algarve coast and yachts making their way from the marinas and of fishing boats passing in front of the house.
Across the wide estuary is a distant view along Praia da Rocha beach that is well known to the many visitors to the Algarve region of Portugal. It faces west over the bay of Lagos and towards Sagres and the setting sun. The view is of the peaceful waters of the Algarve coast and yachts making their way from the marinas and of fishing boats passing in front of the house. Across the wide estuary is a distant view along Praia Rocha beach that is well known to the many visitors to the Algarve region of Portugal.
Villa Soleil has been completely refurbished and updated to modern standards. There are 9 bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms, sleeping 19 persons spread over three floors of the building. The house's original furniture has been restored, and the bedrooms have been refurbished in a more modern style but retain the original beds, which incorporate the family coat of arms.
Outside there are extensive terraces and a swimming pool overlooking the sea. A downstairs bar and toilet are available from the pool which also has a poolside shower.
- Main drawing room overlooking the terrace and with sea view, boasts a beautiful grand piano.
- Entrance hall and cloakroom. Double doors leading to a private chapel.
- Formal dining room seating 8 at the main table, and a further 8-10 on two circular tables.
- Breakfast room which is usually used for childrens meals.
- The terrace has a retractable sun awning and tables for outside eating, for 16 people.
- Music room with a CD player and comfortable chairs.
- Kitchen: recently modernized.
- 2 double bedrooms with en-suite shower/bath rooms. Sea view and doors leading out to the terraces.
- 1 Twin bedroom, with en-suite shower/bath room. Sea view and doors leading out to the terraces.
- 1 Twin bedroom with garden view and doors out to a terrace with river view.
Lower ground floor
- Television room. Bar, Cloakroom.
- 1 Triple children's bedroom (narrow beds) en-suite and with sitting area. Doors leading out from the sitting area onto the pool terrace.
- For parties of 10 persons or less, the ground floors only may be used.
- 1 twin bedroom with en-suite bath/shower rooms. Garden view.
- 1 double bedroom with en-suite bath/shower rooms. Foldaway sofa bed, only suitable for young children. Garden view.
- 1 twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom and sitting room and leading to a further 1 twin bedroom. Sea view and doors leading out onto a terrace.
- Hair-dryers available in every bathroom
- Play room for children in the former garage, with table tennis.
- Swimming pool is 12.5 metres by 5 metres and the maximum depth is 1,40m. It has built in steps at the shallow end.
- Laundry room with two washing machines. Ironing room.
- Cots and high chairs: 2 cots and 2 high chairs are available for children.
- Lift - the house has a lift which can be switched on upon arrival and departure (luggage) and switched off during clients' stay, for safety reasons (children).
- Smoking - The owners of the house are non-smokers and it is suggested that those wanting to smoke should use the downstairs television room outside on the terraces and balconies.
- Satellite TV:Cnn, Sky news, Panda, Cartoon, Eurosport, Hollywood, Odisseia, Bloomberg, Mtv, Nat. Geographic, Fashion TV, People+Arts
- WIFI internet access - available on request, at extra charge per week flat fee of 25 Euros.
Staff & Services
- D.Regina, the housekeeper, arranges cleaning of the house on weekdays and has been employed at the house for over 25 years and was housekeeper to the Princess until her death. There is also a gardener. Sr. Porfirio.
- Resident house keeper and gardener
- House cleaning on weekdays, from 09:30 - 16:30
- D.Regina's primary job is to clean the house and ensure the washing of the house linen. All bedrooms, public areas and bathrooms are cleaned and tidied once a day (weekdays).
- Gardener (Sr. Porfirio) from 09:30 - 14:00, on weekdays. Swimming pool and terraces are cleaned weekdays, from 07:00 - 08:00
- D. Regina or her staff may prepare simple dinners on alternate week days, with payment for time. Expenses are a local arrangement direct to her. Clients must shop themselves.
- The house has an automatic internal telephone system with the cost of the calls being logged automatically. Payment to be made before departure, direct to D. Regina. A deposit is required for the use of the telephone and requests for additional payments may be made if usage is high.
- During the house's restoration, it was considered that air conditioning is unnecessary, as the house has the benefit of the cooling winds from the sea and the Portuguese trade winds. The housekeeper adjusts the shutters to avoid direct sunlight, keeping the interior cool.
- The quiet charm of Ferragudo makes this house more suitable to families and persons wanting the charm or the golf of the Algarve rather than young parties seeking the nightlife of the resorts.
- The Algarve golf courses are a short drive away.
- Nearest shops and restaurants are1 km away.
- The beach is 50 metres away. The estate grounds slope down to a sandy beach. A flight of private steps leads down to the beach.
- Portimao, 2 kilometres upstream on the other side of the river, with a full Marina.
- A walk along the beach past Forte de S. Joao, or along the road, brings you to the waterside village of Ferragudo, undoubtedly one of the gems of the Algarve coast
- We recommend lunch or dinner at the small restaurants on the quay - delicious fresh fish grilled on a charcoal brazier.
There is a water taxi that leaves from Praia Grande or Ferragudo itself duiring July and August across the river to Praia da Rocha. It runs from 09.30am until 1am. There isn't a website but please see Facebook under TAXI FERRY - Ferragudo.Email address is [email protected] amd telephone number + 351 927272784. They have great reviews!
- Swimming pool, covered, 12.5 m x 5 m, maximum depth 1,40m. Roman end steps in shallow end.
- Pool heating - solar heating/heat pump £225 per week
- Pool Towels provided
- Bespoke Pool safety fence £500 available upon request – limited availability
- Magnificent views
- Wifi internet access
- Television - satellite cable TV
- Central heating for winter use.
- Table tennis table
- 2 cots and 2 high chairs available
- Hair-dryers in every bathroom
- Espresso coffee machine that uses pods (Delta). Filter coffee machine
- Restaurants at Praia do Pintadinho (beach) - 10/15 min walk
- Resident house keeper and gardener
- The beach is 50 metres away - path with steps 5 - 10 min walk
- Nearest shops and restaurants are1 km away
- Complimentary Welcome food pack - see Extra details
- Tourist License Number: 21757/AL
- We do require a damage deposit on all bookings, 7 days prior to departure via a secure online page. This damage deposit is held against your card and is released back to your card on your return, subject to no damages. The damage deposit value will differ for weddings / celebrations.
Approximate location shown for guidance only. Contact us for precise details.
|Bar||Kalu Beach Bar||0.56|
|Cash Machine||Caixa Multibanco ATM||1.06|
|Grocery Store||Loja Conveniência||1.09|
|Doctor||Centro Médico Rocha||1.51|
|Bank||Caixa Geral de Depósitos||1.86|
The Complimentary welcome food pack will consist of:
- Orange juice or other
- Buttery spread
- Loaf sliced bread
|8th Jul 2020 to 1st Sep 2020|
|1st Sep 2020 to 1st Oct 2020||£9,680|
|1st Oct 2020 to 1st Nov 2020||£7,528|
|1st Nov 2020 to 1st Jan 2021||£6,512|
We would just like to say what an amazing holiday we had in Villa Soleil, near Ferraguda. The villa was actually more impressive than the brochure described it, with ample room for the twenty of us, especially the very spacious outdoor terraces. It was very well kitted out to suit all our needs.D Regina was extremely hospitable and she and her cleaning team were very unobtrusive and very efficient and friendly.The pool and surroundings were cleaned without us even knowing.The children loved the pool and were in it most of the day, apart from when we took the lovely cliff walk down to the beach and were able to paddle board, go out on kayaks and sample the beach bars.We were grateful to Emma for recommending Sue Sutherland to come and cater for our Anniversary meal. It was delicious and we were able to enjoy the sun setting on the beautiful terrace with all our family with us. More personal than trying to fit 20 of us into a restaurant.We all said it was the best holiday we had had and would love to repeat it one day!Thank you!