Le Cannet is an important commune of Alpes-Maritimes in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur. It takes place only two kilometres from the Mediterranean Sea, bordering Cannes and Vallauris. Nicknamed the Madeira of France, it reveals a beautiful panorama on the islands of Lérins offshore.
Occupied since the Roman period, the town of Le Cannet developed from the fifteenth century with the implantation of families coming from Italy at the request of the monks of Lérins. It gained its independence from Cannes and Mougins in 1774, by decree of Louis XVI, which allows its economic development from the following century. However, it is necessary to wait until the beginning of the 20th century for Le Cannet to reveal its present appearance.