Villa Vista do Lago is a 4 bedroom Premier Villa situated in an idyllic location overlooking Barragem Lake in the forested hills above Lagos. From the house you can walk down to the lake via a track and watch the diverse wildlife in its natural surroundings. This property has a real ‘swallows and amazons’ feel and is perfect for guests who enjoy the peace of the countryside, but with the comforts of modern contemporary living. You'll get a real taste of Portugal in this beautiful undiscovered part of the Algarve.
Built in 2007, Villa Vista do Lago is light, airy and spacious and many of the rooms have been stylishly designed to make the most of the impressive views of the lake. Locally quarried stone is a strong feature throughout the villa and in its architecture.
With the exception of the master bedroom suite, all the accommodation is on the ground floor. The living, dining area and open-plan kitchen look out onto the terrace and lake views. The open plan living room leads out onto the decked area and outdoor covered dining area, making it an ideal place to watch the children playing in the pool and surrounding grounds.
Bedrooms - Ground floor
- Leading from the open plan sitting/living room area into a separate glassed walkway there is a bedroom with wonderful views of the rock swimming pool, grounds and lake. This bedroom has a ensuite with a bath and overhead shower.
- Also on the ground floor leading from the dining area into a separate corridor, a bathroom with a shower serves a lovely bright large double/twin bedroom with glass patio doors to a terrace and lake views.
- A twin bedroom can be found within this wing with an ensuite shower bathroom. This twin room also has a single patio door with views to the side garden and mountains.
Bedrooms - First Floor
Light and spacious master double bedroom. This bedroom leads to a large dressing room area which in turn leads to a bathroom with a separate jacuzzi bath and walk in wet room shower. Patio doors from the bedroom lead onto a large, sunny balcony, from which there are wonderful views of the garden below and beyond to the lake.
Outside, the swimming pool with beach style entry is an unusual shape (approximately 10m x 5m and 1.1m – 2.2m deep) and surrounded by decking. A large outside terrace with a covered dining and barbecue area links the house to the pool. Large grassed area ideal for playing. Beyond the formal garden is a pathway down to the lake.
The villa is set in extensive grounds and has been divided into two distinct areas – formal gardens and a natural area. The formal gardens, maintained by the villa gardener, consist of the pool which has been cleverly integrated into a landscaped garden, incorporating rock formations and a ‘beach style’ entry making it good for children. This clever arrangement gives the impression of a natural rock pool that was intended as part of the landscape. Surrounding the pool on three sides, is a lawned area flanked with architectural plants, palms and colourful shrubs and trees. Beyond here, the remainder of the grounds have been left completely natural allowing the local flora and fauna to flourish in its natural habitat. There is a helipad at the bottom of the garden before you reach the lake, too. Surprisingly, with the close proximity of Villa Vista do Lago to the lake, there are very few mosquitoes, as the fish eat the lavae.
If you’re looking for peace, relaxation, tranquillity within a 20 min drive of restaurants/touristy areas and the coast, then this is the place for you. Amazing views, South/western Algarve and Aljezur beaches within easy driving distance, peace and quiet. Recommended local restaurants off the beaten track. You will need a car to travel to restaurants/beaches
- Private swimming pool, 10 x 5m
- Lake side location
- Suitable for weddings
- Air Conditioning in all bedrooms
- Charcoal BBQ
- Maid service - mid week with towel change. Weekly linen and towel change during a two week stay
- Private villa with electric gates
- Safe and secure for children to play in all areas
- Car recommended
- Shops and Restaurants within 20 minutes drive
- Nearest Airport (Faro) 60 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach 20 Kilometres (Meia Praia Beach)
- Nearest Golf 8 Kilometres (Palmares Golf)
- Lagos - 25 minute drive
- Closest town/village Odiaxere 15 minute drive (supermarket, chemist, restaurants, bars)
- Pool Towels Provided
- We do require a damage deposit on all bookings, 7 days prior to departure via a secure online page. This damage deposit is held against your card and is released back to your card on your return, subject to no damages. The damage deposit value will differ for weddings / celebrations.
Approximate location shown for guidance only. Contact us for precise details.
|Doctor||Quinta Da Perdiz||2.14|
|Restaurant||Solar do Pincho||3.45|
|Bar||Pizza Night Algarve||5.33|
|2nd Oct 2020 to 1st Nov 2020||£2,088|
|1st Nov 2020 to 1st Apr 2021||Contact Us|
|1st Apr 2021 to 1st May 2021||£1,694|
|1st May 2021 to 1st Jun 2021||£2,313|
|1st Jun 2021 to 1st Jul 2021||£2,538|
|1st Jul 2021 to 15th Jul 2021||£2,875|
|15th Jul 2021 to 1st Sep 2021||£3,438|
|1st Sep 2021 to 1st Oct 2021||£2,538|
|1st Oct 2021 to 1st Nov 2021||£2,088|
|1st Nov 2021 to 1st Jan 2022||Contact Us|