We are delighted to be able to offer this country villa, set in 25 acres of gardens and natural countryside, located in the tranquil hamlet of Alcalar, 4 kilometres north of the prestigious Penina golf and hotel complex. The views of the Monchique Mountains from the villa are superb.
The villa is well situated for the beaches at Alvor and Praia da Rocha, where you will have a choice of miles of golden sands and rocky coves. In Alvor you will be able to sample the days catch, grilled over charcoal in the traditional Portuguese fish restaurants down by the fisherman's beach. You can enjoy an energetic night out in Praia da Rocha, where there is an excellent selection of bars and restaurants as well as a casino.
The bustling town of Portimao is just 10 minutes away. Here you will find busy cobbled shopping streets, many pavement and waterside cafes and the busy harbour, and the famous Sardine restaurants. You can also visit the historic towns of Lagos and Silves, both of which are within 20 minutes of the villa. Quinta Avala has a self contained cottage with two bedrooms sleeping up to 4 people, an ideal arrangement for teenagers or staff.
- Comfortable easy living/dining areas decorated luxuriously
- Television area with sofas
- Music and good speakers
- Wood burning stove
- Large lime-wash dining table and chairs, leading onto covered verandah area with sofas and outside dining area
- Large cooker
- coffee machine
- 4 bedrooms, sleeps 8.
- Main upstairs bedroom includes a king size bed, en-suite bathroom,dressing area; spacious balcony with views overlooking garden, surrounding countryside and beautiful sunsets.
- Downstairs: 3 bedrooms:
- Double with en-suite bathroom
- Family suite comprising one double bedroom and a twin bedroom with 2 single beds; separate bathroom.
- 2 bedrooms, sleeps 4
- Adjoining, but self-contained: fully equipped kitchen
- Double bedroom with double doors to veranda area
- Twin bedroom with veranda
- Sitting and dining area
- Upstairs en-suite bathroom includes combined bath/shower, toilet, outside shower overlooking garden.
- Downstairs en suite bathroom includes shower, twin basins, toilet
- 2nd downstairs bathroom has large bath, combined bath/shower and toilet. Cottage includes shower, toilet and basin.
- The exterior of the villa comprise large mature garden and terraces,
- large private swimming pool (10x5m) with pool fence
- pool house /summer house
- vast array of dining chairs, tables and utensils
- There is a shaded dining terrace accessed from the villa, and a separate barbecue dining area with seating, a double barbecue and fridge
- This is a villa of the highest quality, ideally situated for a peaceful holiday, but within a convenient distance for the beach and shopping
- House cleaning/maid service (Wednesday & Saturday),
- Gardening/pool maintenance, once per week
- Linen & bath towels changed, once per week
- Swimming towels are provided
- Housekeeper is fluent in English and happy to babysit
- Hairdryers & Ironing facilities
- Private pool 10 x 5m. 0.6 - 1.85 deep
- Pool Fence with gate and lock
- Pool towels provided
- Maid service
- TV, Sky news
- Wi-Fi (dongle)
- Music system
- Pool towels provided
- Car essential
- Room Fans
- Chef available on request.
- Cot & Highchair available
- Shopping 10 minutes by car. Also Alvor 15 minutes by car.
- Beaches 15 minutes by car
- Restaurants & cafes 5 minutes walk in hamlet of Alcalar
- No Pets allowed
- We do require a damage deposit of £650.00 on all bookings, 7 days prior to departure via a secure online page. This damage deposits is held against your card and is released back to your card on your return, subject to no damages. The damage deposit value will differ for weddings / celebrations.
Approximate location shown for guidance only. Contact us for precise details.
|Restaurant||Fonte da Pedra||0.81|
|Grocery Store||Supermercados Serro - Coviran - Figueira||4.23|
|Pharmacy||Farmácia Ilda Lda||5.35|
PLEASE ENQUIRE ABOUT ADDITIONAL WEDDING SURCHARGE
Electric heating and wood for the fire available at additional cost
|Villa Only - Up to 8 people||Per Week|
|16th Dec 2019 to 19th Dec 2019||£873|
|19th Dec 2019 to 9th Jan 2020||£1,540|
|9th Jan 2020 to 13th Feb 2020||£873|
|13th Feb 2020 to 2nd Apr 2020||£1,283|
|2nd Apr 2020 to 23rd Apr 2020||£1,540|
|23rd Apr 2020 to 30th Apr 2020||£1,386|
|30th Apr 2020 to 18th Jun 2020||£1,540|
|18th Jun 2020 to 16th Jul 2020||£1,848|
|16th Jul 2020 to 27th Aug 2020||£2,151|
|27th Aug 2020 to 17th Sep 2020||£1,848|
|17th Sep 2020 to 1st Oct 2020||£1,386|
|1st Oct 2020 to 29th Oct 2020||£1,283|
|29th Oct 2020 to 17th Dec 2020||£873|
|17th Dec 2020 to 9th Jan 2021||£1,540|
|9th Jan 2021 to 8th Jan 2022||Contact Us|
|Villa and Cottage - Up to 12 people||Per Week|
|16th Dec 2019 to 19th Dec 2019||£1,309|
|19th Dec 2019 to 9th Jan 2020||£2,309|
|9th Jan 2020 to 13th Feb 2020||£1,309|
|13th Feb 2020 to 2nd Apr 2020||£1,924|
|2nd Apr 2020 to 23rd Apr 2020||£2,309|
|23rd Apr 2020 to 30th Apr 2020||£2,079|
|30th Apr 2020 to 18th Jun 2020||£2,309|
|18th Jun 2020 to 16th Jul 2020||£2,771|
|16th Jul 2020 to 27th Aug 2020||£3,227|
|27th Aug 2020 to 17th Sep 2020||£2,771|
|17th Sep 2020 to 1st Oct 2020||£2,079|
|1st Oct 2020 to 29th Oct 2020||£1,924|
|29th Oct 2020 to 17th Dec 2020||£1,309|
|17th Dec 2020 to 9th Jan 2021||£2,309|
|9th Jan 2021 to 8th Jan 2022||Contact Us|
I just wanted to say a massive thank you to you and your team for making the booking of villa and transfers so efficient and stress free. Service was amazing!
Please pass on my thanks to Emma and especially Carla who was so helpful and lovely.
We had a great holiday and the villa was defiantly the highlight, we will defiantly be using you guys for future bookings!
We recently booked Quinta Avala in Portugal and I just wanted to tell you that we thought the service you provided was outstanding right from the very start of booking to our arrival at the villa. Emma met us and made us feel at home and gave us really good and useful information. I messaged her a few times once we'd settled in asking for her opinion on where to go locally for lunches and her recommendations were spot on and she replied straight away, nothing was too much trouble so I hope you'll pass on our thanks to her, it was much appreciated, she was brilliant. The villa exceeded our expectations. We were really sad to leave and we have already started looking at your website at your villas to book for next year. Thank you so much for your attentive, helpful professional service, which we received at every step. We were all extremely impressed.