We are delighted to be able to offer this country villa, set in 25 acres of gardens and natural countryside, located in the tranquil hamlet of Alcalar, 4 kilometres north of the prestigious Penina golf and hotel complex. The views of the Monchique Mountains from the villa are superb.
The villa is well situated for the beaches at Alvor and Praia da Rocha, where you will have a choice of miles of golden sands and rocky coves. In Alvor you will be able to sample the days catch, grilled over charcoal in the traditional Portuguese fish restaurants down by the fisherman's beach. You can enjoy an energetic night out in Praia da Rocha, where there is an excellent selection of bars and restaurants as well as a casino.
The bustling town of Portimao is just 10 minutes away. Here you will find busy cobbled shopping streets, many pavement and waterside cafes and the busy harbour, and the famous Sardine restaurants. You can also visit the historic towns of Lagos and Silves, both of which are within 20 minutes of the villa. Quinta Avala has a self contained cottage with two bedrooms sleeping up to 4 people, an ideal arrangement for teenagers or staff.
- Comfortable easy living/dining areas decorated luxuriously
- Television area with sofas
- Music and good speakers
- Wood burning stove
- Large lime-wash dining table and chairs, leading onto covered verandah area with sofas and outside dining area
- 4 bedrooms, sleeps 8.
- Master bedroom is upstairs and includes a king size bed, en-suite bathroom,dressing area; spacious balcony with views overlooking garden, surrounding countryside and beautiful sunsets.
- Downstairs: 3 bedrooms:
- Double with en-suite bathroom
- Family suite comprising one double bedroom and a twin bedroom with 2 single beds; separate bathroom.
- 2 bedrooms, sleeps 4
- Adjoining, but self-contained: fully equipped kitchen
- Double bedroom with double doors to veranda area
- Twin bedroom with veranda
- Sitting and dining area
- Upstairs en-suite bathroom includes combined bath/shower, toilet, outside shower overlooking garden.
- Downstairs en suite bathroom includes shower, twin basins, toilet
- 2nd downstairs bathroom has large bath, combined bath/shower and toilet. Cottage includes shower, toilet and basin.
- The exterior of the villa comprise large mature garden and terraces,
- large private swimming pool (10x5m) with pool fence
- pool house /summer house
- vast array of dining chairs, tables and utensils
- There is a shaded dining terrace accessed from the villa, and a separate barbecue dining area with seating, a double barbecue and fridge
- This is a villa of the highest quality, ideally situated for a peaceful holiday, but within a convenient distance for the beach and shopping
- The property benefits from beautiful gardens surrounding the house with various benches beneath old olive tree.
- House cleaning/maid service (Wednesday & Saturday),
- Gardening/pool maintenance, once per week
- Linen & bath towels changed, once per week
- Swimming towels are provided
- Housekeeper is fluent in English and happy to babysit
- Hairdryers & Ironing facilities
- Amazon fire stick
- Music system - Sonos speakers
- Easy access to the villa from the motorway and and airport