Chardor is an elegant and spacious 5 bedroom Premier Villa situated on the 2nd fairway of the world famous Penina golf course, Alvor, part of the western Algarve, Portugal .
The stately villa has been furnished with taste but with comfort in mind for a relaxing holiday, plus the tall Eucalyptus trees and mature gardens protect the garden and poolside from being overlooked by golfers.
There is air-conditioning/heating in all bedrooms and living rooms, but the units are individually controlled so that they can be used as wished.
There are 2 long, wide, electrically controlled sun awnings that extend out from the covered terrace by the sitting room to shade the terrace table and make it agreeable for relaxing or having meals out of the hot sun. A further awning extends from the double bedroom and has been furnished as an outdoor sitting area with a comfortable sofa and 2 arm chairs. There are sun-beds for everyone (10) including 2 especially large cushioned recliners.
The lovely large swimming pool (12x6m) has a purifying unit so it is suitable for those allergic to chlorine. The pool can be heated and there is a cover mounted on a roller to help retain the warmth. A children's safety fence may be erected round the pool if ordered in advance, at extra cost.
Situated in the grounds of the famous Penina championship golf course, the Le Meridien Hotel, Penina Golf Club, gym and tennis courts are only a very short distance away from the villa. The Hotel has bars, restaurants, hairdresser and all the usual Hotel amenities - but the hotel swimming pool is not available to outside clients.
The nearest fine sandy beaches, Alvor and Tres Irmaos, are about ten minutes drive to the East, and those of Lagos and Meia Praia about 15 minutes to the West. There is an enormous selection of restaurants within a 10 kilometre radius, riding; lawn bowls and squash are also nearby. The busy city of Portimao, where you can enjoy the shopping facilities and restaurants is also only a five-minute drive from the villa.
The accommodation is arranged on two floors as follows:
- Entrance hallway with guest WC
- Dining area
- Kitchen with Fridge/freezer with ice maker, electric hob, oven, microwave and dishwasher
- Laundry room with washing machine and dryer
- Living area with poolside access
- Bedroom 1 - Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2 - Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room and TV
- Bedroom 3 - Double bedroom with terrace access, en-suite bathroom, television and VCR
- Bedroom 4 - Master bedroom (double) with terrace overlooking the pool and garden, en-suite bathroom with shower
- Bedroom 5 - Twin bedroom with terrace overlooking the pool and garden, en-suite shower room
- Large landscaped garden with areas of lawn, attractive regional plants and well-established trees and shrubs.
- There is a large tiled terrace surrounding the pool and with both pool and garden lighting.
- The spectacular rectangular blue tiled swimming pool has built-in steps at the shallow end with a cover, roller and can be heated by a heat exchange unit. The pool also has a protective fence, which can be erected for families with very young children at a small extra charge.
- Cold water shower
Situated in the grounds of the famous Penina championship golf course close to the 15th hole, the Le Meridien Hotel, Penina Golf Club and tennis courts are only a very short distance away. The Hotel has bars, restaurants, hairdresser and all the usual Hotel amenities.
The nearest fine sandy beaches, Alvor and Tres Irmaos, are about 10 minutes drive to the East, and those of Lagos and Meia Praia about 15 minutes to the West. There is an enormous selection of restaurants within a 10 kilometre radius. Riding, lawn bowls and squash are also nearby. The busy city of Portimao, where you can enjoy the shopping facilities and restaurants is also only a five-minute drive.
- Private pool (12 x 6m)
- Pool heating INCLUDED except for the period 20th June - 29th August where a surcharge of £160pw applies if required
- Air-conditioning is INCLUDED between 20th June - 29th August. Outside this period a surcharge of £160pw applies.
- Maid service (5 days per week, 3-6hrs per day). Bedding and towels changed after one full week.
- Pool safety fence optional £75 per booking
- Pool Pre-heat £135
- Pool Towels provided
- SKY Family package + BBC and ITV
- DVD and VCR players
- Music system CD/radio
- iPod speakers
- Wii console
- Nespresso coffee machine (capsules may be purchased separately)
- Gas BBQ
- Table tennis table (no other equipment supplied)
- Pool and garden maintained weekly
- Security alarm system connected to a 24 hour on call centre
- Beaches 10 mins by car
- Restaurants 5 - 10 mins by car
- Shopping 5 mins by car
- Tourist License Number: 19444/AL
- We do require a damage deposit of £500.00 on all bookings, 7 days prior to departure via a secure online page. This damage deposit is held against your card and is released back to your card on your return, subject to no damages. The damage deposit value will differ for weddings / celebrations.
Between October and April pool heating equipment may not be able to heat the pool to a comfortable temperature. Pool heating is by heat pump and, as it has a bubble cover, should stay at about 28 degrees.
Please see the booking information page for full details.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES
The house is connected to mains water and electricity.
There are three electric hot water storage heaters, independently connected.
The house has individually controlled air-conditioning/heating units in all the rooms except for the downstairs bathrooms and kitchen. Please see facts for air conditioning charges. Off season heating is always at extra cost.
There is an electrical smoke alarm system installed throughout the villa.
The main sitting room TV is connected to the full Sky service. There is a DVD, video and CD/radio so don't forget to bring your own DVDs, videos and CDs. There is also an iPod speaker.
There is a portable outdoor table tennis table that you may use but bring bats and balls (only old ones are provided!)
There is a telephone for incoming calls and restricted local calls. WiFi internet access available.
There is a small fitted safe and a security alarm connected to a security company.
There is a mobile gas barbecue.
The pool fence costs £65 per booking.
The maid comes for 5 days a week, 3-6 hours a day.
The pool and garden are maintained weekly. The gardeners may come for a further visit in very hot weather to check the irrigation.
Golf, tennis and a gym are available at the Penina Hotel, payable locally.
|7 - 10 People||Per Week|
|18th May 2021 to 1st Jan 2022||Contact Us|
|6 People or less||Per Week|
|18th May 2021 to 1st Jan 2022||Contact Us|
Just a word of thanks to you all.
We have just returned home from our stay at Villa Charador following our son's wedding in the Penina area. The villa looked fantastic on the web site and certainly didn't disappoint in real life. Our whole party were blown away by the facilities, especially the pool area.
A special mention to Ivone the housekeeper who was friendly, helpful and efficient throughout our stay.
I would certainly recommend using your services in the future.