Near the delightful village of Pienza, surrounded by the sublime greenery of Val d’Orcia, Villa Valentine welcomes you to peace and tranquility. The elegant 6 bedroom 6 bathroom property, situated on the top of a hill, offers a magnificent panorama over the Tuscan hills and views over Pienza.
The villa is perfect for groups of friends or family. With plenty of outdoor lounging and dining areas you will be able to enjoy the outdoors while tasting some of the renowned local wines or relax whilst reading a good book in the shaded hammock.
The villa is surrounded by a large garden with aromatic herbs, lavender, rosemary, basil and wild flowers. A large portico with a dining table and chairs is the perfect area for al fresco dining and to enjoy magnificent sunsets.
The swimming pool is perfect for those who love swimming and want to get their lengths in.
You also have access to the kitchen garden and the opportunity to use vegetables directly from the garden.
The villa owners are at your disposal should you need advice or ideas for experiences in the local area such as cooking classes, catering, yoga lessons, massages etc.
The property was in ruins when the owners bought it and they built the house to their personal style: a mixture of comfort and local architecture with artisan touches, like antique wooden oak floors and hand painted tiles. All the furnishings have been created to exude an elegant feel to the property, yet is cosy without comprising comfort. A spectacular mixture of Tuscan tradition and modern comfort.
Entrance to a very big kitchen (stove, fridge freezer, dishwasher, toaster, mixer, American coffee machine, microwave oven, big fire place with grill) in the Tuscan style with all modern comforts. A big wooden dining table, which is perfect for 12 people, is in front of a glass door within a wooden arch, which leads onto a 30 sqm patio with a wonderful view.
BALCONY: Reached by a narrow cast iron spiral staircase and has a double French bed suitable for children.
A lounge room with fire place and billiard table ison this floor as well as a small area leading to a double bedroom (can be changed to twin beds) with private bathroom and shower.
To the left of the kitchen there is small glassed in verandah: this a magical space in any season and it is a perfect setting for reading a book and perhaps sipping a good glass of Brunello wine.
There is an entrance to a large sitting room with a big fire place, comfortable divans, a library with many books, stereo, tv with dvd.
Next to the sitting room there is a small kitchen (oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and microwave oven), a sitting room with tv and library, double bedroom (or twin room) with bathroom with double shower (210x75 cm) and doors to the outside.
This floor is accessible via an external staircase as well as indoor stairs.
Double bedroom with big round hydromassage tub (dia 175 cm) and a private bathroom with shower.
Another private bedroom with double shower (150x90 cm).
A fascinating double bedroom in warm tones the color of wheat and an antique iron bed. The atmosphere is warm and comfortable with two windows looking south. This bedroom has a bathroom with hydromassage. This is the only bedroom with a separate bathroom.
The villa is furnished in a vintage style with unique pieces found in antique markets.
Distances (approx. kms):
Pienza, with all kinds of shops is 3 km,
Bagno Vignoni 5 km,
S. Quirico d’Orcia 6 km,
Montepulciano 12 km,
Chianciano Terme 25 km,
Siena 49 km and Chiusi (rail station with daily trips for Florence or Rome) 30 km,
Florence 125 km,
- Salted heated pool 18m long
- Pool heating available (additional charge applies)
- Pool open from 1st May - 30th September
- Swimming pool cleaned twice a week
- Welcome dinner on arrival (wine excluded)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Satellite TV
- Iron and ironing board
- Bed linen, bath towels and pool towels provided
- House cleaned 3 timer per week
- Cots and highchairs available (please request)
- Garden maintenance twice a week
- Towels changed on a Wednesday
- Pets may be allowed on request
- Tourist tax included in price
- Not included in price and to be paid in cash locally: Final clean (mandatory) =€300, Refundable security deposit (mandatory) = €1000
- Air conditioning available ( additional charge applies) : €250 per week. Heating available (additional charges apply) : Fan coil Daikin inverter heater : €500 per week. Radiator heating : €650 per week.
- We do require a damage deposit on all bookings, 7 days prior to departure via a secure online page. This damage deposit is held against your card and is released back to your card on your return, subject to no damages. The damage deposit value will differ for weddings / celebrations.
Approximate location shown for guidance only. Contact us for precise details.
|Cash Machine||Euronet ATM ENIT0580||2.05|
|Doctor||Spacone Dr. Antonio||2.05|
|Grocery Store||Fratelli Dezi||2.05|
|Bank||Banca Cras - Credito Cooperativo Chianciano Terme - Sovicille||2.06|
|8th Oct 2022 to 22nd Oct 2022||£2,973|
|22nd Oct 2022 to 17th Dec 2022||£2,342|
|17th Dec 2022 to 7th Jan 2023||£2,973|
|7th Jan 2023 to 1st Apr 2023||£2,613|
|1st Apr 2023 to 13th May 2023||£3,153|
|13th May 2023 to 17th Jun 2023||£3,874|
|17th Jun 2023 to 26th Aug 2023||£4,505|
|26th Aug 2023 to 23rd Sep 2023||£3,874|
|23rd Sep 2023 to 21st Oct 2023||£3,153|
|21st Oct 2023 to 16th Dec 2023||£2,613|
|16th Dec 2023 to 7th Jan 2024||£3,874|