Dongiovanni is a Premier Villa located in Pienza near Siena, Tuscany, central Italy. Renovated to the highest standard, the property is a deluxe country house for a maximum of 12 people in the beautiful Val D'Orcia in the south eastern part of the Siena province in Tuscany.
This is a region of famous wines, medieval towns, Renaissance art treasures, castles, monasteries and spa towns with healing water already enjoyed in the Roman times. Its location is ideal for visiting many interesting sites at a short distance. The nearest places of interest are Pienza, only 10 minutes away, and Montepulciano 15 minutes away. Montalcino, Siena, Perugia, Orvieto and Cortona can be reached in less than one hour drive. The villa is also one and half hour from Florence and two hours from Rome.
The high quality interiors include many antique furniture, very skilfully decorated and combined with comfortable lounge area to make the villa fell like a home. The elegantly furnished living areas open out to a yard for dining al fresco and to stunning views over the valley. The yard is surrounded by small climbing roses and vines. On one side the entrance and an open area, on the other side a big swimming pool can be found.
Nearby the villa there are beautiful walking and biking paths and cypress lined country roads. Local towns for shops and restaurants are within 15 minutes reach.
- A spacious full equipped kitchen (with dishwasher, 5 rings cooker, large fridge with freezer, and a washing machine), a bathroom, living room with satellite TV, where it is possible to listen music. A beautiful room, called winter garden with beautiful plants, a pool table and big windows, offers excellent views across the valley.
- A study, another kitchen and 4 bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms.
- Two bedrooms with single beds and a shower room that opens to the hallway.
Other side of the courtyard
- Two double bedrooms and a private bathroom with shower. Besides these rooms there is a sauna and a hot tub (heated, available also in winter) and a gymnasium.
- Chef service and cooking courses available. A wine and Pecorino cheese tasting tour also available at nearby vineyard and farm.
- We strongly advise clients to have comprehensive holiday insurance. We have arranged a special Insurance Scheme through Holiday Extras. If you have alternative cover, please check carefully that all aspects of your holiday are covered. Holiday Insurance.
- Swimming pool 12m x 6m (1.10m/1.60m deep). Open from 2nd May to 3rd October
- Pool towels provided
- Heated Jacuzzi and Sauna 40€ per day
- Air conditioning in bedrooms only
- Welcome Tuscan dinner, first shopping service (on request)
- Table tennis, professional pool table, children's playroom, room with piano
- Linen changed twice weekly
- Satellite TV
- Pets not allowed
- Not suitable for disabled
- Monticchiello 4k, Pienza 6k, Siena 56k
- Please see 'Extra Details'
- We do require a damage deposit on all bookings, 7 days prior to departure via a secure online page. This damage deposit is held against your card and is released back to your card on your return, subject to no damages. The damage deposit value will differ for weddings / celebrations.
Approximate location shown for guidance only. Contact us for precise details.
|Restaurant||Café polrizania 27 via du colt||0.52|
|Bar||La Guardiola Wine & Food||0.64|
|Doctor||Spacone Dr. Antonio||4.15|
|Grocery Store||CONSORTIUM FOR AGRICULTURE OF SIENA - Grocery Store Pienza||4.20|
|Cash Machine||Euronet ATM ENIT0580||4.31|
|Bank||Banca Cras - Credito Cooperativo Chianciano Terme - Sovicille||4.42|
DAMAGE DEPOSIT: €1000 (cash or credit card)
LOCAL TAX - all tourists are required to pay €1 per person per night (except children under 14). The payment is compulsory and must be in cash directly to the owner on arrival.
PRICES ARE FOR 7 NIGHTS, (MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY OF 12) AND INCLUDE:
- Water, gas, electricity
- Linen and towels changed twice weekly
- Welcome Tuscan dinner
- First grocery shopping service on request, €10/hour plus cost of food
- Baby cot on request
EXTRAS TO PAY ON THE PREMISES:
- Tuscan dinners (€30/hour + shopping, advanced booking required), waiter service €16/hour
- Central heating (based on consumption)
- Babysitting €18/hour
- Jacuzzi & sauna 50€ per day
- Air conditioning 30€ per day
Pets: not allowed.
The nearest village is Pienza, about 6 kms from the house. Pienza is famous for the Pecorino cheese but also because it is a charming village, with an amazing historical centre and interesting little shops.
|28th Feb 2021 to 1st Jan 2022||Contact Us|