This charming ancient farmhouse is situated in Acireale, Sicily, just 20k away from the town of Catania, at the base of Mount Etna. Acireale is well known for its thermal waters and for the earthquakes and volcano eruptions that changed the look of the surrounding a few times over the centuries. The last major reconstruction, that took place after the 1693 earthquake, has given Acireale its current beauty and baroque style that makes it one of the most beautiful towns in Sicily. Quite a few sites are worth a visit in the town: Church of San Sebastian, Zelantea art gallery, Puppets Opera theatre, the Baroque Cathedral Square. Worth a stay is its famous carnival parade with its allegorical papier-mache' floats which attract visitors from all over the world.
The countryside in the area is characterized by the lava of the many volcanic eruptions. The views are spectacular and the famous Cyclops's Rocks can be seen. Enchanting fishing villages, like Santa Tecla, Stazzo, and Santa Maria la Scala can be found close by at the foot of the 'Timpa' (a ridge of lava layers created over the centuries and up to 200 metres high), which, covered by the typical lush vegetation, is considered an area of outstanding beauty.
On the way to Mount Etna among lemon orchards, this property lies on a beautiful stretch of land overlooking the coast that spans between Taormina and Acireale, and the blue sea.
This is a converted ancient farmhouse, with private swimming pool, that has been painstakingly and lovingly renovated preserving its character and charm. The Villa is the oldest part of an agricultural complex consisting of a manor house, a wine press, and various other outbuildings. The structure dates back to 1700 and it still maintains many of its original exterior and interior architectural features. The interiors have been decorated with terracotta tiles and antique furniture making the Villa cosy and homey. Every part of the Villa features traditional Sicilian elements, such as the kitchen decorated with typical local colourful tiles.
This Villa offers plenty of outdoor space and panoramic views from various terraces overlooking Mediterranean gardens, lawns and the pool, ideal for relaxation. The location is also great for exploring Mount Etna and its natural reserve. Different tours, from gastronomic to cultural ones, can be easily organized.
All on one floor:
- Living room with log burner, kitchen, 2 double bedrooms, 1 single bedroom, 2 shower rooms, patio.
- Large terrace, solarium, swimming pool, terraced lawns.
Items available at the Villa:
- Hairdryer, Barbecue, External shower, Iron, Washing machine, CD Player, DVD Player, Satellite decoder, Heating (4 Stove burners TYPE gas), Oven (gas), Fridge, Freezer, Toaster, TV (LCD).
- Catania 16K, Siracusa 80K, Ragusa 120K, Agrigento 180K, Taormina 35K, Messina 80K, Palermo 240K.
- Swimming pool 14m x 7m (depth max 1.50m) & Solarium
- Pool towels provided
- Welcome hamper
- CD / DVD player
- Weekly cleaning
- Sand beach 8K
- Tennis 5K
- Horseback riding 15K
- Golf 20K
- Catania Airport 45K
- Shop, Restaurant, facilities 1K
- We do require a damage deposit on all bookings, 7 days prior to departure via a secure online page. This damage deposit is held against your card and is released back to your card on your return, subject to no damages. The damage deposit value will differ for weddings / celebrations.
Approximate location shown for guidance only. Contact us for precise details.
|Restaurant||Ristorante Il Casale||0.32|
|Grocery Store||CRAI supermercati||0.87|
|Doctor||Santonocito Dr. Gaetano||0.88|
|Pharmacy||Farmacia Di Daidone Mario||1.21|
|Cash Machine||Ufficio dei Promotori Finanziari di Banca Mediolanum||2.44|
|Bank||Ufficio dei Promotori Finanziari di Banca Mediolanum||2.44|
SECURITY DEPOSIT - € 500 (to be paid in cash upon arrival)
- Water and gas consumption
- Electricity consumption up till 300 Kwh per week
- Extra consumption fee of €0.40 per Kwh is to be paid upon departure
- Linen (sheets and towels) changed weekly
- Final cleaning
- Tidying up - Weekly
- Cot available upon request
- High chair for babies NOT available
- Additional folding bed available upon request
- Heating (stoves) - cost upon consumption
- Air-conditioning NOT available
- Fans not available
- Not suitable for disabled
- Facilities for disabled not available
- Welcome Basket (Breakfast products)
EXTRA SERVICES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST:
- Baby sitter (€10/hour)
- Grocery shopping (€20 service + cost of groceries)
- Extra maid service (€10/hour)
- Breakfast service (€8/person)
- Late arrival 21:00 - 24:00 only if agreed, charged with an extra fee of €30 to be paid on arrival
|18th May 2021 to 22nd May 2021||£1,457|
|22nd May 2021 to 19th Jun 2021||£2,004|
|19th Jun 2021 to 24th Jul 2021||£2,732|
|24th Jul 2021 to 21st Aug 2021||£3,279|
|21st Aug 2021 to 28th Aug 2021||£2,732|
|28th Aug 2021 to 25th Sep 2021||£2,004|
|25th Sep 2021 to 1st Jan 2022||£1,457|